Sun Catcher Paper Mandala
- Cardstock paper
- Kite paper
- Plate to draw circle
- X-acto knife (for adult to use)
- Craft glue
- Using plate, cut out a round shape from cardstock paper.
- Fold the round cardstock paper in half. Repeat two more times.
- Draw some simple patterns on the folded paper.
- Explore different shapes with your kids, e.g. triangles or squares.
- Use scissors to cut out pattern shapes on the outer sides.
- Cut inner patterns of the folded paper with the x-acto knife.
- After cutting out the patterns, unfold.
- Cut kite paper into small square pieces.
- Stick the kite paper cutouts on one side of the patterned piece.
- When all the cutout patterns are filled with kite paper, attach a string to the patterned paper to complete the sun catcher.