Chocolate Stuffed Rasgullas
Yield: 16 Rasgulas
- 1 Cup Dairy Dairy Full Cream Powdered Milk
- 1 Tbsp Dairy Dairy Full Cream Powdered Milk + ¼ Cup Water (Mixed)
- ¼ Cup Flour
- 1/3 Tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ Tsp Cardamom Powder
- 3 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- ¼ Cup Chocolate Chips
- 3 Cups Vegetable Oil
- 1 ¼ Cups Water
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- 3 Cardamom Pods ( Smashed )
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the Dairy Dairy Full Cream Powdered Milk, flour, cardamom powder and baking soda. Mix well to combine. Rub the butter into the flour mixture until crumbly. Add the mixed Dairy Dairy Full Cream Milk and mix until a slightly sticky dough comes together.
- Cup a little of the mixture in your palm and place two or three chocolate chips in the center then form and roll into a golf sized ball. Continue this until all dough balls are done.
- Place a small sauce pan over medium heat and add the sugar, water and smashed cardamom pods. Let simmer gently for about 10 minutes then remove from heat.
- Meanwhile in a small frying pot, add the oil and heat to 300 degrees Fahrenheit or when a small piece of dough dropped into hot oil slowly rises to the top (approx. 30 secs.)
- Fry the rasgulla balls a few at a time, gently turning them whilst in the oil to cook evenly (about 2 minutes). If balls brown too quickly, lower the heat.
- Remove and place directly into the sugar syrup to slowly absorb and keep the rasgullas moist Let them soak until you are ready to serve.