The Turtles of Turtle Bay
Camp is coming to a close, and we decided to celebrate by relaxing on the beach in beautiful Tobago with Dip & Dunk! We were even lucky enough to see the Leatherback turtles come in to lay their eggs!
Turtles love beaches with loose fluffy sand and a deep water approach so that they can come ashore easily. These majestic creatures can be 10 ft long and weigh up to 2,000 lbs! What is even more fascinating is that these turtles spend their entire lives in the water swimming for miles and miles. The only time they ever come back to shore is when it is time to lay their eggs, and they come right back to the very same beach they were hatched on! Isn’t that amazing?
In our craft today we will be using recycled materials. Recycling is a very good way to keep things out of the water that would harm our turtles and marine life! Never dump your garbage in the water or litter! Let us keep our planet safe and clean for each other and all the animals that share it with us!
What you will need:
- Paint Brush
- Pencil or Black Marker
- Strong Glue or Glue Gun
- 2 Litre Soft Drink Bottle
- Dairy Dairy Pack (optional)
- Print out turtle template
- Trace around or glue onto cardboard and cut out
- Cut off the base of your soft drink bottle to make the turtle shell
- Paint and decorate the inside of the turtle shell
- You can even put things like glitter, shells or other decorations inside your turtle shell
- Glue the shell to your turtle
- Finish decorating your turtle
We do hope you’ve had a lot of fun at the Dairy Dairy Milky Magic Day camp and that your smiles have returned!
Head over to our Facebook Page to catch up on all of the fun.