Sorrel Jam Centered Cupcakes
Yield: 1 Dozen
- 1 Tbsp Dairy Dairy Full Cream Powdered Milk + ¼ Cup Water (Mixed)
- ½ Cup Butter (Room Temperature)
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 ½ Cups Flour
- 1 ½ Tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ Tsp Baking Soda
- One 8 Oz Jar Sorrel Jam
- 12 Cupcake Paper Liners
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl using a hand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until it takes on a pale colour (about 3 minutes). With hand mixer on low, add one egg at a time until it mixes in evenly, then add the vanilla extract. Using a rubber spatula, mix in the mixed Dairy Dairy Full Cream Milk.
- In another bowl, sift all dry ingredients: flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Gently add this flour mixture into the batter in three batches, evenly distributing it with the spatula.
- Place your cupcake paper liners into cupcake pan and spoon one tbsp of the cupcake mixture into each followed by one tsp of the sorrel jam on top. Continue filling the rest of the liner with batter hence creating a centre of sorrel jam. Place cupcakes into the oven to bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove and let cool. Serve whilst warm.