Rainbow Marble Layer Cake
Yield: One 9″ layer cake
• 1 lb Unsalted Butter (softened)
• 1 lb White Sugar
• 4 large Eggs (room temperature)
• Peel of 1 Lime
• 5 cups Cake Flour
• 4 tsp Baking Powder
• 3 heaped tbsp Dairy Dairy ABC Powdered Milk + 1 cup Water (mixed)
• 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
• 3/4 tsp Salt
• Purple, Blue, Green, Pink & Yellow Food Colouring
• 2 cups Buttercream Frosting
• Prepare two 9” cake pans, set aside.
• Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
• Beat eggs with lime peel and add to creamed mixture.
• Sift flour and baking powder together, then add to mixture alternating with Dairy Dairy ABC Powdered Milk. Add vanilla and salt. Mix on high speed until completely smooth.
• Divide mixture into 5 bowls. Using food colouring, tint 1 portion purple and remaining portions blue, green, pink and yellow.
• Drop tablespoons of each mixture, alternating colours, into prepared cake pans.
• Run a spoon back and forth through each filled pan to create a slight marbled effect.
• Bake cakes for 25 minutes at 350º F. A toothpick inserted into the centre should come out clean but moist.
• Allow pans to cool for at least 15 minutes before removing cakes.
• Using a serrated knife, cut cakes in half horizontally to create four layers – cakes will be firmer and easier to cut if they are chilled first.
• Spread frosting between each layer and over the top and sides of completed cake. Decorate with rainbow sprinkles and serve.
Leave a Reply