- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup Dairy Dairy full cream powdered milk
- 2 tablespoons condensed milk
- 2 ounces cold sweet butter, unsalted
- ¼ teaspoon elychee
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons pureed or grated ginger
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg water or milk to knead
For the syrup
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- Rub butter into flour until it resembles fine bread crumbs.
- Add condensed milk.
- Add enough water to form a firm dough.
- Heat oil on medium.
- Roll out dough to ⅓-inch thickness and cut into thin strips.
- Fry in oil until golden brown.
- Set aside to cool.
- Combine sugar and water, boil until it thickens and starts to crystalize on the inner edge of the pot.
- Pour over kurma and toss gently to coat until sugar hardens and dries out.