Eggless Milk Powder Cake
Yield: 1 loaf
• 2 heaped tbsp Dairy Dairy Skimmed Powdered Milk + ½ cup Water (mixed)
• ½ cup Yoghurt
• ½ cup Water
• 1 ¾ cups All-Purpose Flour
• ¾ cup Dairy Dairy Skimmed Powdered Milk
• 1 tsp Baking Soda
• 2 tsp Baking Powder
• ¾ cup White Sugar
• ½ cup (+1 tbsp) Vegetable Oil
• 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
• 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
• ¼ cup Almonds, chopped OR your favourite nuts (cashews, pecans, walnuts)
• Preheat the oven to 325° F. Grease a loaf pan using oil or butter. Sprinkle some flour and coat on all the sides. Tap out the excess flour and set aside.
• In a bowl, mix together liquid Dairy Dairy Skimmed Powdered Milk, yoghurt and water. Mix really well.
• Sift together flour, Dairy Dairy Skimmed Powdered Milk, baking soda and baking powder. Sift 2 or 3 times until everything is combined.
• In another bowl, mix sugar, oil, vanilla essence and apple cider vinegar.
• To the sugar and oil mixture, add half of the flour mixture and the full milk-yoghurt mixture. Use a whisk/spatula and fold in gently. Then add the remaining flour mixture and fold again gently, just until there are no lumps and everything is combined.
• Pour the entire batter into the loaf pan and sprinkle some chopped almonds on top.
• Bake in a preheated oven for about 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
• Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 20 minutes.
• Run a knife through the edges and remove the cake from the pan.
Allow it to cool. Slice and serve.