Easter Milk Cookies
Yield: approximately 30 medium-sized cookies
- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 10 heaped tbsp Dairy Dairy Low Fat Powdered Milk
- 1 ¼ cups Butter
- 4 tbsp White Sugar
- ½ cup Condensed Milk
Sift all-purpose flour and baking powder. Then mix sifted flour mixture with Dairy Dairy Low Fat Powdered Milk. Set aside.
- In a deep-bottomed bowl, add butter along with sugar. Mix well using a wooden spoon. Add condensed milk and mix again.
- Add the sifted flour mixture to the condensed milk mixture and knead to a smooth dough. Transfer the dough to a bowl and cover. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until firm enough to roll. Preheat your oven to 325º F.
- Remove the chilled cookie dough from the refrigerator and divide into small portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough to ¼” thickness. Cut cookies with Easter shape cutters.
- Place parchment paper on a baking tray and position the prepared cookies. Be sure to leave space to allow the cookies to rise and expand.
- Bake until golden brown (8-10 minutes). Allow to cool completely. Decorate with royal icing and serve with your favourite Dairy Dairy Powdered Milk.