Coco-Fever Crème Caramel
Yield: 8 servings
• 1 cup White Sugar
• 6 heaped tbsp Dairy Dairy Full Cream Powdered Milk + 2 cups Water (mixed)
• 1 cup Water
• 2 packets Coconut Milk Powder
• 1 stalk Fever (Lemon) Grass
• 4 Eggs (room temperature)
• 1 tin Condensed Milk
• 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Add 4 tbsp water to a small pot. Add 1 cup sugar and stir to dissolve. Cook over medium-high heat, swirling occasionally, until caramel begins to turn amber (6-8 minutes). Working quickly, divide caramel between ramekins, swirling ramekins to coat bottoms evenly, set aside.
- Blend 2 cups Dairy Dairy Full Cream Powdered Milk with a cup of water and the 2 packets of coconut milk powder, transfer to a heavy sauce pan/pot.
- Pound fever grass using a rolling pin (or any heavy object) and add to the Dairy Dairy Full Cream Powdered Milk mixture. Slowly bring to a simmer then remove from heat and allow to cool.
- After cooling, strain the Dairy Dairy Full Cream Powdered Milk mixture to remove bits of fever grass (any bits will change the texture).
- Blend the eggs, condensed milk and vanilla essence and add the Dairy Dairy Full Cream Powdered Milk mixture.
- Pour over caramelized sugar and bake at 350° F in a water bath for 30 minutes.
- Cool, flip and enjoy.
Love recipes have to try