- 1 pound Dairy Dairy full cream powdered milk
- 1 tablespoon table cream
- 2 tablespoons finely blended ginger
- ¼ teaspoon elychee (or ground cardamom)
- 2 tablespoons ghee, separated
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups water
- Sprinkles to decorate
- Mix milk, ginger, elychee, 1 tablespoon ghee and cream until it dries out.
- Place sugar and water to boil until it feels sticky.
- Sift milk mixture through a sieve.
- Add rest of ghee to milk. Add sugar syrup a little at a time to milk to form a semi-firm ball.
- Place on a greased tray, use your fingertips to press down firmly until smooth.
- Decorate with sprinkles.
- Allow to cool before cutting into squares.
Dairy Dairy milk makes the best tasting barfi.